What is Salute?
Our cloud-based EHS Software provides safety leaders a flexible platform for tracking, managing, and communicating key environmental health and safety data.
Who uses Salute?
Salute has two groups of users:
- Safety Professionals: Members of the Environmental Health and Safety teams that will be the primary Users and administrators of Salute
- Community Users: Non-safety professionals who need access to safety information, Report a Safety related Event, or respond to a safety related task that has been assigned to them
How will Salute work with existing systems?
People (HR Systems)
Salute integrates with legacy systems, including HR systems such as WorkDay or PeopleSoft. This integration allows relevant Employee data to be stored in Salute, so that safety professionals can assign tasks directly to anyone listed in the active directory. This integration also:
- Enables automatic email notifications and reminders,
- Allows users to be be provisioned access to certain parts of the system
- Automatically creates user profiles for new hires so that training assignments and other workflows can be populated
- Confers Community Portal access, so that anyone with an active account can submit safety related event information or other safety related information
Salute has integrations with all major identity providers, including Okta, Microsoft ADFS, and Google Identity Service.
Our integration with identity providers allows Salute to:
- Enable Single Sign-On (SSO) using SAML protocol
- Automate Provisioning and synchronize user identities using SCIM
Also, through SCIM we are able to sync attributes including First Name, Last Name, Email, Institutional ID, Job Title, Department, and Direct Manager (similar to People integration listed above). These attributes enable Salute users to search the directory to assign tasks appropriately, ensure that notifications are sent correctly, and that analytics and reporting can be done not only by user but by Department, Job Title or other attribute.
Salute is able to integrate with a system of record that stores location details, such as Campus/Building/Floor/Room details. This can be done via API or flat file transfer (sftp). If this data is not provided via integration, this data can be upload via csv file template and managed directly within the Salute platform.
Salute’s flexible API responses allow us to easily create custom integration with many modern technology systems. We currently have integrations with many systems including Procurement platforms (e.g., Infor, Maximo), Learning Management (e.g., Docebo, SuccessFactors) Analytics (e.g., Tableau, Power BI), and
Salute is a cloud based system, deployed on Heroku.
Salute Cloud Architecture
Salute leverages Heroku’s physical infrastructure that is hosted and managed within Amazon’s secure data centers and utilizes the Amazon Web Service (AWS) technology. Amazon continually manages risk and undergoes recurring assessments to ensure compliance with industry standards.
Amazon’s data center operations have been accredited under:
- ISO 27001
- SOC 1 and SOC 2/SSAE 16/ISAE 3402 (Previously SAS 70 Type II)
- PCI Level 1
- FISMA Moderate
- Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX)
For additional information about our platform, please submit a ticket on Support@Salute.